What are pronouns?
Pronouns are words that substitute a noun or another pronoun. Examples of pronouns are he, she, who, themselves...
In the example:
- Mike likes his daughter.
- Mike and his daughter can be replaced by he and her
- He likes her
Types of pronouns
- Subject pronouns (I, you, he, she, it, we, they)
- Object pronouns (me, you, him, her, it, us, them)
- Reflexive pronouns (myself, yourself, himself, herself, itself, ourselves, themselves)
- Possessive pronouns (mine, yours, his, hers, ours, theirs)
- Demonstrative pronouns (this, that, those, these)
- Relative pronouns (who, which, that, whose)